Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Thing #7: Some Sort of Blog Post About Anything Technology-Related That Interests Me This Week

As far as something technology-related that happens to interest me, at the moment, I've found that instant messenger services (something that I've been using for about 10 years) have managed to help me keep in communication with many people with whom I'd otherwise have relatively little contact over the years. For example, despite my best friend and I having attended different universities (roughly 100 miles apart), we were able to talk (for free, and without the degree of immediacy required by phone or internet-based vocal communication) practically every day.

Here are some instant messenger-related links:

Windows Live Messenger

Yahoo Messenger

AOL Instant Messenger

Trillian

1 comment:

Beth said...

What no Pidgin?http://www.pidgin.im/

Pidgin is a multi-protocol Instant Messaging client that allows you to use all of your IM accounts at once.

Pidgin can work with:

* AIM
* Bonjour
* Gadu-Gadu
* Google Talk
* Groupwise
* ICQ

* IRC
* MSN
* MySpaceIM
* QQ
* SILC

* SIMPLE
* Sametime
* XMPP
* Yahoo!
* Zephyr
Pidgin is what used to be GAIM which is what we use at the library. :)

 

Powered by Rollyo
Add to Technorati Favorites